- Through quality physical education, whole school values and a whole child approach, we aim to nurture confident, resilient children who will always strive for their personal best.
- Children will meet the National Curriculum expectations in P.E. and we support children to develop mastery of concepts and inspire enthusiasm and interest in the subject.
- We strive to develop our pupils’ understanding of how to live with a healthy lifestyle and make healthy choices.
- We aim to ensure that our delivery of physical education leads to all pupils leave our academy with the skills and mindset to be successful in their sporting challenges and active lifestyles at secondary school and beyond.
- We are dedicated to ensuring that our children are well supported and their well-being is a priority; through P.E. we develop healthy minds and bodies.
- The subject leader for P.E. will meet the senior leadership team and representatives from the Trust on a regular basis to evaluate provision in order to ensure that teaching and learning in P.E. is highly effective. Where necessary, staff will receive coaching and training in Physical Education.
- There are 2 hours of timetabled lessons each week for pupils in KS1 and KS2, allowing pupils to build a sound knowledge of basic skills in range of physical activities.
- Lessons are planned through the National Curriculum, considering the importance of both the breadth and depth of learning.
- The hall and outside space are timetabled in order to give each class an equal opportunity to access P.E. lessons.
- The subject leader for P.E. has mapped out the curriculum, to ensure that there is a coherent sequence, which progressively builds skills and knowledge.
Experience in PE should provide a depth of learning in a positive and engaging environment. Basic underlying principles and skills will have been practised and opportunities to develop these into more complex processes.
Pupils will be confident to try new things and take risks. They will be able to make quick decisions and choices when planning tasks or performances. They will have a range of strategies for solving problems and show resilience to keep going when they find things difficult. Pupils will understand the benefits of working in different group dynamics. They will have the confidence to lead and support others. They will understand the importance of physical activity in a wider context and possess the skills and enthusiasm to develop their learning further.