- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) – Gemma Stangroom
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) – Stacey Bennett, Rachael Heard
- Looked After Child Coordinator (LACC) – Gemma Stangroom
- Online Safety Coordinator – Gemma Stangroom
- Person Responsible for Children with Medical Needs -Gemma Stangroom
- Attendance Officer – Jackie Line
Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
At High Halstow Primary Academy we aim to promote outstanding educational experiences that inspire all learners to set their sights high, to achieve to the best of their abilities, and to excel in all that they do in order to prepare them to live and work as successful, active citizens.
The Leigh Academies Trust recognises that schools have a crucial role to play in helping to identify welfare concerns and indicators of possible abuse or neglect at an early stage. All staff have a full and active part to play in protecting and safeguarding the children in our care; our pupils’ welfare is our paramount concern.
The Trust will follow guidelines provided by the DfE and the Medway Safeguarding Children Board. Each Governor Development Group will appoint a senior member of staff as their Designated Child Protection Co-ordinator (DCPC), and consider appointing deputy DCPCs. The Governor Development Group will work with the DCPC to ensure all staff are appropriately trained, and will regularly monitor safeguarding within their school. The DCPC will be responsible for ensuring all safeguarding procedures within the school are kept up to date.
Please refer to the ‘Policies’ page in the ‘About’ tab for our Safeguarding Policy.